Quality Assurance is the systematic and planned model of different activities which are necessary to offer satisfactory assurance.
It helps in adjusting the product to different prerequisites, amidst the improvement of the software.
Quality Assurance integrated SDLC and its objectives in assuring that the support and development techniques are refined properly for creating different products, which are known to satisfy different specifications.
Software Quality Assurance comes with different practices and strategies, which are beneficial in the evaluation of different software development processes, methodologies, tools, and software testing techniques which are essential to ensure improved product quality.
It is accomplished with the aid of a well-planned standard system, quality control, covering different tools and processes.
The QA process includes recognizing different standards, which are applied in different software development techniques.
QA includes the performance of the test data recording techniques. Such an extraordinary problem will act as the platform for different experts for showcasing the understanding, hypothesis, progress and understanding in the Software Quality Assurance procedure.
As you go through this write-up, you will be able to gain information about different QA testing methodologies. Here are some of the methodologies, which are believed to be an integral part of software testing:
The objective of adopting different software testing methodologies is ensuring that the product can work successfully across various platforms and different environments. It is possible to break it between the non-functional and functional testing.
Functional testing refers to the process of testing a specific product against different business needs.
It is encompassed with different test types which assure that every part of the software acts, according to the use cases, as offered by the business analyst. These testing methodologies are inclusive of unit testing, acceptance testing, system testing, and integration testing.
- Unit testing contributes to being the first step of testing. Software developers, at times, perform this step to assure that a software’s components are working correctly and functional at the code level. In the test-driven environment, the software developers should write and perform the tests before the features are passed to the test team. Though it is possible to conduct unit testing manually, it would be a good idea to automate the process as it is useful in expanding the test coverage and boosting the delivery cycles.
- After testing of every unit is accomplished, it should be integrated with different units for generating components and modules which are meant to conduct different activities. After this, they are tested as groups during integration testing to check if an entire application segment behaves, according to the expectations. It is referred to as integration testing.
- System testing contributes to being the black box testing methodology which is beneficial in the evaluation of the integrated and completed system to assure that it has accomplished individual requirements.
- Acceptance testing happens to be the final step of functional testing. It is beneficial in assessing if the final software piece is ready to get delivered. In this step, it is checked whether a product has compatibility with different business criteria and whether it is accomplished the requirements of the potential user.
- Performance testing contributes to being the non-functional testing technique which is beneficial in understanding whether a product can behave properly under different conditions. The objective is testing the stability and responsiveness under different real user situations. It is possible to break performance testing in different types such as stress testing, load testing, spike testing, endurance testing.
- Load testing happens to be the technique of placing an enhanced stimulated demand amount on the website, application and software for checking if the product can handle different features.
- In stress testing, the QA analysts check if the software can work above or at the peak load, The ultimate objective of stress testing is overloading the application, with the application of unrealistic and realistic load scenarios till it is broken.
- In endurance testing, the software tester needs to analyze the application behavior, under a certain stimulated load amount over the due course of time. The objective is understanding job the specific system will act during the specific use.
- Spike testing, on the other hand, contributes to being the kind of load test, which is beneficial in understanding how the software will respond to the massive system activity substantially over the due course of time.
With the increase in the cyber-attacks and cloud-based software testing platforms, there is an increase in the need for data security.
Security testing happens to be a non-functional software testing procedure which is efficient in determining whether the data and information, present in the system is secured.
The ultimate objective of this type of testing is finding different security risks and loopholes in the system, which might lead to information loss or unauthorized access.
Usability testing refers to a testing technique, which measures the ease of use of the application from the user point of view.
It is performed during the acceptance and system testing phases. The ultimate objective is determining if the visible aesthetics and design of the software accomplish the specific workflow for different processes.
Compatibility testing is another form of software testing, which is useful in estimating if the specific application can work in various environments.
Through this kind of software testing, it is possible to find whether a specific product has compatibility with different platforms, operating systems, resolution configurations, and browsers.
The ultimate objective is assuring that the functionality of the software has constant support across the specific environment.
Quality Assurance is beneficial in determining the problems and weakness, which are relevant to the process. It continually works for launching a premium quality of the product into the market.
A wide array of software testing tools is available in the market which has gained high prominence in making these QA testing methodologies a grand success. Software testing contributes to being an indispensable part of software development methodology.