For android developers and web designers, it is important and inevitable to establish a firm grasp on building any sort of web application.
Many companies and business organizations focus on these web application developments and therefore, it is important for the developers to find more info regarding the process of developing it right from the start.
Therefore, CodeIgniter development has a step wise process for the building of website application from scratch and they are as follows:
Setting up your web app project – The project will be started only when the android developer figuring out CodeIgniter development invests in the installation of a website and a database server.
This should be followed by setting up their own database that is empty in the local one. Only after these initial steps can the CodeIgniter be installed and then both the server and CodeIgniter need to be configured for working.
Work around the basics before getting into complex work – You would do well to remember that CodeIgniter is not just any simple PHP and find more info regarding the aspects in which both differ from each other. Then the workings of the CodeIgniter need to be figured in that the decision it takes regarding the running of any one controller and the developer has to then add another controller. The developer should take out and use the view code that is common to avoid repeating the code.
· Concentrate on the data contained in the database next – The developer might need to access the dynamic data in real time and for this, they need to pass the same from the controller to the view layout to see it. Then the framework should be configures so that it can be connected to the database in question. The structure of the database can be altered through migrations and tasks can be stored in it. Then the controller can be used for the addition of columns. Finally, the connection to the database can be completed and the data will be part of the selection in an automatic manner.
· Adding and viewing recent data – The method of routing can be used for extracting a particular record from the database and then the links or URLs can be added by using a function names site_url which assists the developer in creating links that can be moved among pages. Then a form should be created and displayed for the addition of a new task and then this should be followed by an addition of a method that can be used to process a form that has been submitted and finally, a new individual record can be added. This form can be validated by adding rules.
· Previous records can be altered and deleted at will – This requires addition of a form and a method to process it, followed by updating the particular record to finalize it. While displaying value again, they can be displayed. The form code that has been shared can be retrieved to the view layout. The usage of an object or what is called entity classes to symbolize the row of a database is next. This entity class is then put to use in the creation of a recent record and updating of the previous record. The code can be retrieved to the controller to prevent repetition. There should be features of an error 404 page and a page confirming deletion of a record.
· Starting on the registration of new users – This requires creation of a table through data migration and addition of a controller with features enabling signing up of new users. Then a new code needs to be put in and an entity class should be created. The passwords of users cannot be stored as simple text but should be saved in code as hashes. Finally, user data needs validation and a confirmation page should be added.
· Verify the user login once they have registered themselves – The login form can be displayed after the creation of a controller for login. Both the password given by the user and the email provided saved in the database records need to be confirmed. The session should be used to remember the user when they try to login again. The user should be logged out and their present name should be displayed by employing helper. Then a class should be put in for authentication and the same should be simplified. User records need to be saved to prevent further confusion.
· Availability of particular content to registered users – When the users wants to use the index page with tasks, ask them to login by directing them to the login page. Configuration of a filter that requires users to login in each method. Certain routes can be provided a filter without the login direction and some may have guest login. To provide a consistent process, the layout needs to be altered and navigation links related to authentication need to be added. Then there should be redirection to the original page and protection from the cross site attacks with a specific filter.
· Linking of both the tasks and users – Migration can help in linking the task and the database tables of the user. CodeIgniter development requires that the index page be restricted to display the present tasks of the logged in user. The same goes for the individual records for the tasks. When the addition of a new record takes place, the user ID of the user needs to be put in for validation. The tasks can be showed in a group by paginating them.
· The admin for the user needs to be established – A separate controller for each user method needs to be established and user records can be paginated by creating a method. Then a page displaying individual records and a method to incorporate new records for the user has to be dealt with. A method should be added for when the user wished to update a record so that a value is put in for verification. There should also be a method or a code for the users when they want to remove their records.
Author Bio –
Hermit Chawla is a MD at AIS Technolabs which is Web Design and Web development Company, helping global businesses to grow. He love to share his thoughts on web development, app development and game development.